Wednesday, 17 June 2009

CIP Event

This blog post will be about the first part of an ongoing CIP event organised by Project Paperchain. I had not signed up for the first cycle, but I decided to sign up for the second one, as it was the June Holidays and I decided to do something meaningful, instead of whiling my time at home doing nothing... Thus, I sent an email to the organiser.

On the 16th, which was yesterday, I got up early and set off for the arranged meeting place, which was Jurong East MRT. I reached and saw, to my delight, a whole group of HCI students, some of which I recognised. Those that I recognised were either from my old school or my CCA.

After doing some administrative stuff, the organisers split us into three groups and sent us off. Unfortunately (in my perspective, at least), my group was assigned to go to the furthest place. Thus we took public bus there. Upon arrival, we were given our job. We had to give out notices door-to-door in groups of three. So, the CIP started.

It was quite fun, actually. My group and I raced around the building, stuffing the notices between the grills of the doorways. We made it into sort of a game, where we must not be seen or noticed by anybody. Thus, we moved really quickly and quietly. Actually, thinking back now, what had seemed like a silly game actually turned out to be a "blessing" in disguise. Nobody heard us so they would not complain to the school, which would tarnish the school's reputation, which would cause us to get a huge telling-off, blah blah blah...... OK, that is very lame...

Soon, I had finished giving out all the notices and my gorup decided to go to a nearby coffeeshop to eat. However, one of the group leaders decided to rejoin with the otehr leaders first, so we went to find them. However, we soon got lost in the maze-like HDB estate, and sent like one whole hour wandering around, trying to find the coffeeshop. Soon, we found it and our group leader dismissed us.

I went with two other friends to a coffeeshop near Jurong East MRT to have lunch. After that, we bade each other goodbye and made our way home. It was a very meaningful (and not to mention fun and tiring) experience for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment