Hi, this is my fifth blog post for Term 2.
I have already written four other posts today, and I cannot think up of another topic about waht to write. So, I will write about a random topic.
Today, a hummingbird flew into my bedroom while I was studying. I was surprised but snot shocked as it had happened before. The hummingbird was colourful and I could see it was very alert. It kept on cocking its head to one siding and staring at me with its beady eye. I was entranced. Then, I wondered why the hummingbird had flown so high. Maybe it was blown up high by the strong winds. This reminded me of the time a whole group of monkeys came to live in the open field between my condominium and the nearby park.
There were over thirty of them. I was entranced as I had never seen monkeys before. However, soon after, they broke into the ground floor unit where only a baby, a maid and a old granny was at home. I had heard the story from my neighbour. They were stealing food and making a mess of the kitchen before they were discovered by the maid and chased out the monkeys with a stick. My neighbour then promptly started telling me horror stories of what the monkey could have done. One of them was that the monkeys could have abducted the baby. I shuddered as he continued...
Anyway, soon the pest control came along and set up a few traps to ttrap the monkeys. A few of them got trapped and the rest of the monkeys soon disappeared. I wanted to see the monkey up close but i was forbidden because of the fact that they may carry viruses.
Anyway, that's the whole story. Hope you enjoyed it!
Sunday, 10 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

great use of vocabulary-snot-shocked, cocking its head to one siding, waht to write, few traps to ttrap... Pardon me for my sarcasm. Anyway though, your blog entry was quite interesting, and it shows the wildlife present in urban Singapore.
ReplyDelete