Thursday, 2 April 2009

Animal Farm

we learnt animal farm, so i shall post a video related to animal farm

beasts of england

5 comments:

  1. Hello, This is Yi Pin here. Just want to ask, why are all your posts so short? Aren't they meant to be over 150 words? Never mind, I would like to comment on this post(obviously). Firstly, to me, i don't think that the tune is stirring. Besides, I remember hearing Jin Yang sing it and it sounds different. Yup. That;s all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is... yeah agree with Yi Pin about the short posts :) and the unstirringness of the song see i'm squealer using bombastic words. Nvr mind. Be a good example, Han Wei, and write longer a bit. And for goodness sake is there a more musical version of it? And WE WANT PAC MAN BACK! Yup, that about sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway, I feel that the song is better suited with pure Clementine.

    Clementine has a more suited mood for Beasts of England, I feel, as it sounds like yearning something to come back.

    Also, like Dexter and Yi Pin, I recommend that you write longer and my suggestion is that you do a short analysis of Animal Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this posted on my blog, together with Clementine and La Cucuracha, and agreeably I feel that the song would be more stirring and catchy sung with only the tune from Clementine. Another way to improve this song is to get a choir or at least more people to sing it, or put extensive musical accompaniment, as said. I'm sure it should be shown in the movie itself. Maybe we should just appreciate solos. Who knows. Anyway if anyone can get hold or create a more musical version, please post it.

    I have an idea as to why this song isn't so catchy. Maybe George Orwell chose these two songs because of the number of syllables, and also because they are both catchy. Then we humans interprete it and make a tune for ourselves, making this song. Surely George did not post a musical stave along with his book.

    Anyway, we should not blame the man. He did his best. Nevertheless, he is the only one to upload a video of this song onto youtube.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Summary (for ACE),

    Two ways to improve this song are to get a choir or at least more people to sing it, or put extensive musical accompaniment. I'm sure it should be shown in the movie itself.

    I think George Orwell chose these two songs because of the number of syllables, and because they are both catchy. Then we humans interpret it and make a tune for ourselves, making this song.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete