I went to the dinner (obviously, why else would i write about it)
The dinner (i meant the food) was great. It was worth every bit of the $35 i paid.
There was all sorts of food, like shark's fin soup (real shark fins), duck, fish, a dish filled with sea cucumber and so on.
I enjoyed myself tremendously. Most of the time i spent there was eating and playing handphone games. I watched the performances put up. They were wonderful! Whoever performed (Wei Yang, Chun Jie), kudos to you. There was a song session by alumni members(i think) and i saw my malay teacher. It was really funny.
Whoever who didn't go would really regret it
Monday, 23 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello Han Wei,
ReplyDeleteI did not go to the 90th Anniversary Gala Dinner. As a result, I am not really certain about what it was like there, even after reading your blog entry. Could you explain in further detail? I mean, what was the atmosphere like? Was it very noisy (most possible option) but yet cheerful? Did the teachers scold you for making too much noise? Was the food in servings (one person to a fixed portion) or self-service (everyone takes food from one large dish)? What performances were put up? Also, how many hours did the dinner last for?
Okay, I know that these questions are a tad bit too detailed, but I like details because those are important if you want to visualize what the Gala Dinner was like.
Anyway, I did not go to the Gala Dinner (as you already know) and I still do not regret it... at least up till now.
Cheers,
Ernest