Monday, 21 June 2010

THE PC Show

Singaporean is a gadget crazy country. Singaporeans always flock to the annual PC shows and can't wait to put their hands on that latest computer, laptop, hand phone, MP3, etc. Well, I have to confess that my family is like that too. The moment my father read int the newspapers that there was a PC show in Suntec City Convention Centre, he decided that we had to go there no matter what.

Hence, we decided to to go to the PC Show held on Sunday, 12th June, whcih was last Sunday. The moment we reached there, it was evident that Singaporeans were tech-crazy after all. People were thronging the various exhibition and convention halls where hundreds of products were on display. Other than the fact that the newest gadgets were on exhibition, the high chance of getting them at a bargain price was also one factor which lured Singaporeans to the PC show. Singaporeans love bargains, and being one, I was also on the lookout for gadgets which I could get at a low price.

Since my father wanted to get a smartphone, we went to the handphones area first. There, hundreds of different types of phones were on display. One could spend hours and hours trying them out and still not finish. Luckily my father had done his homework and have researched on the type of phone he wanted to get, and thus he made a beeline for the place where it was being exhibited. According to him, it was on sale at a discount price of $48 only if the person buying it subscribed to the mobile plan as well. Well, my father did exactly that.

Then, another smartphone on discount caught his eye. It was going at an all-time low of $0, provided we subscribe to the mobile plan. For some reason, my father was being extra generous that day and offered to get it for my bother and I. Naturally, we jumped at the chance.

Afterwards, my mother went to the laptops section, intending to get a new one, as her old one has just died, so to speak. Obviously, there were laptops on discount there as well and my mother eventually chose an ASUS laptop. It was a very fast one with Windows 7 operating system and many other functions. We all wanted to use it, my siblings and I.

I like going to PC shows as it is quality time for my family (we can talk about the newest gadgets together) and I also get the chance to get new gadgets, such as my phone. PC shows are the best way to earn money from Singaporeans in my opinion, as Singaporeans are gadget-crazy and love to go bargain hunting as well. The PC Show provides both. I can't wait to go to another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment